Good Morning! Hopefully your week has moved by quickly and you’re starting to get amped up for Friday and the weekend to come. I know I am, because with the weather improving outside and the temperatures starting to rise, all I want to do is go play in the sun.
Before I do that though, I wanted to share with you some of my favorite applications that I literally can’t live without. If your going to have a phone that is with you 24 hours/7 days a week you might as well customize it and make it work for you. I find these 5 apps keep me organized and really fit into my daily routine well. If you haven’t tried them before, make sure to download one or two and see what you think, I would love to know your thoughts!
- Spotify: Okay, so this app isn’t new by any means but in terms of having music on the go, it would be my first suggestion. I should preface by saying I am a BIG fan of iTunes and used to keep mine updated with the latest and greatest music. But after a while, I found that if I didn’t get to updating and buying new songs, I was super limited on my music selection when I needed it. This is where Spotify comes to the music rescue. Not only does Spotify have pretty much all the music you can imagine, you can create custom playlists that cater to your mood/style/event etc. With a few clicks, you can have a fully custom playlist made just for you and it won’t take much time before your jamming to your favorite tunes. I love the desktop computer version of Spotify as it offers more flexibility, but when you’re on the go the app is a great solution.
- Google Drive: For anyone who hasn’t discovered Google Drive, you’re seriously missing out. I was an avid Dropbox user and thought nothing about Google Drive when it first came out. But once I dipped my toe into the Google pool, I never looked back due to its easy to use interface and custom options around every corner. Not only can you keep all your important files, documents and pictures in one place, you can also create custom worksheets and documents within the drive itself. On top of those great features, you can also share your drive with whoever you like, making it a duel work space that works for everyone. If you haven’t tried it yet, I would highly suggest giving Google Drive a bit of your time.
- EveryDollar: I’m a new member of EveryDollar but I’m really seeing how it could be useful when it comes to creating and sticking to a budget. You can create your own custom budget based on your situation and the amount of income you have coming in. You can also set personal goals and track your spending on a daily basis. I love being able to check in and update the app as we go and see how our saving and budgeting is going.
- Instagram: While Instagram isn’t anything new to anyone, I wanted to share it because it is truly my favorite form of social media. What I love the most is how it takes out the noise of a traditional social media site and just leaves you with beautiful, crafted photos that you can browse for hours on end. I also love how quick it is to update your friends, family and others to exciting or special moments in your life. On top of all that, my most favorite thing to do on Instagram is to go back through my own photos and Mr. W’s to see our beautiful documented memories all shown through snapshots. If you haven’t joined in on the Insta game, I suggest you give it a try. If your still feeling unsure, come and visit us at our Instagram page and see what you think. For wedding inspiration visit Westcoastdiybride or West5th for everyday West 5th snapshots.
- WordBrain: This one is a fun app, but something I consider a stress reliever when you just need a break. Mr. W got me hooked on WordBrain just before our wedding and man was I grateful for a brain break when planning got to be too much. It’s basically a word finder game that gets more challenging as you go and rewards you with points the faster you solve puzzles. It works as an offline game which is great if your on the go or travelling with out WIFI. Make sure to give it a whirl and let me know if you love it!
Those are my top five, what apps do you love? Share them with me below!