Good Morning! It’s the start of another week, therefore I hope your week moves fast and your coffee (or drink of choice) is strong! I’ve been at this blogging thing for a while now and would love to share a piece of me with you!
So, why not tell you 25 things you might not know about me and my life. Maybe you’ll learn something new and get to know myself, Mr. W and our little blogging space.
- Mr. W & I were married on November 7th, 2015. It poured with rain (which I hear is good luck) and we had the best day ever. You’ll see a lot of wedding posts here, most stemming from my 2 years of wedding planning.
- Speaking of weddings, I couldn’t have lived without Wedding Wire while I planned my wedding. I got all my advice, tips and many new friends from this site and I highly suggest it for any new bride. You might see a post coming up here about WW soon!
- I have 3 siblings, I’m the baby of the family and I already have five nieces and nephews. Our family seems to grow by the minute!
- Mr. W & I live with two cats: Mooky & Marley. We rescued and adopted them both from our local SPCA and have never looked back. They complete our little home and keep life very interesting.
- I got my start in writing way back in elementary school when I decided to write a 20 chapter, chapter book on my first ever computer. I saved it on a floppy disk and it was never seen again…
- I was VERY messy and unorganized as a kid, which is funny as now I can’t stand to feel unorganized and strive for every item to have a home.
- I have a deep love for books and reading, so much so a few years back I achieved reading 100 books in one year! That is one challenge I would love to take on again.
- I am miserable at styling my own hair, to the point where it’s either down or in a ponytail but that’s as far as my skills go. I worry if I have kids that I may have to take some hair styling lessons.
- I’m addicted to Starbucks, but I don’t drink coffee. I worked at Starbucks for a few years and ever since I haven’t been able to drink coffee. But as you might already know, I can’t live without a black tea lemonade.
- I also have a problem with too many blankets. Ask Mr. W or anyone who knows me and they’ll tell you the same. I’m a softie for soft things and must be in a state of cozy 90% of the time.
- If I didn’t work a full-time job, I think I would spend my time organizing my house, working with animals and learning to be a better cook.
- On a similar note, I have worked in the administrative field for many years and currently work as an office manager in a doctor’s office.
- I have a passion for home design and always considered taking up a career in interior design. While that isn’t my career path currently, I love learning more about it everyday and hope my skills improve.
- I have a serious love hate relationship with Target. The love part is I can’t get enough and wish I could shop 24hrs a day. The hate part is Target is only in the US and not here in Canada anymore.
- I love earrings! I have an ever-growing collection and find myself admiring the collection rather than wearing them. I do have about 5 that are in constant rotation.
- Pajamas would be my clothing of choice if I didn’t have to get dressed and adult everyday. For my birthday this year I went on a mini shopping spree containing only PJ pants/shirts/capris and a flamingo nightgown. I love La Vie En Rose for all my PJ needs.
- I love to craft as you may have read here. If I could spend my time organizing and creating in my craft room, I would be a happy girl.
- After dinner walks have become one of my favorite activities on the weekdays with Mr. W. Gives us a chance to get outside and reconnect without our phones and electronics. I always try to distance myself from my phone when I feel like it’s been too much.
- This is my first year of growing and handling a real backyard and garden. I have learned so much already but I know I have much more to learn. Currently we’re growing: Lavender, Basil, Hydrangea, Raspberries & a ton of mixed flowers and plants.
- I love cooking shows and Gordon Ramsay! He is so talented and isn’t afraid to tell it like it is. We try to watch our favorite cooking shows like Hell’s Kitchen or Masterchef over a meal so we don’t get hungry while watching them cook amazing food!
- I love animals so, so much. Every dog we see in the street, I end up melting and turn into a puddle of mush.
- My favorite actresses are: Emma Stone, Meryl Streep & Jennifer Aniston.
- My favorite TV show that will always be my favorite is Friends. I could repeat almost any line, from any episode and will watch friends over and over again without getting tired of it.
- I hope to travel to Paris, London & New York one day. Still working on that travel fund but in the meantime I love travelling around beautiful British Columbia and to Las Vegas with my hubby.
- I have had 3 blogs at least prior to West 5th, but I think I have finally found a writing space to call home.
Hopefully you learned something new about me and this wonderful little blog! I hope you keep joining us for more posts, love and general everyday happenings.